Paisley Sweetheart

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Chapters


I closed a chapter in my life this past week. It was one of those chapters that I never really intended on writing. Maybe be I am getting ahead of myself. Have you ever began reading a book and you can’t put it down or you begin reading and you put it down because you don’t like the where its headed? I have done both, Redeeming Love, I stayed up until 5 am reading. I was exhausted the next day. The Divergent Series: Allegiant was the opposite, I recall putting the book away for a week because I didn’t want to read what happen. I am such a nerd…
I have always loved this quote:



As I said above, I closed a chapter in my life last week. I have been coaching Crossfit for the last two years. I have loved it, I got to mix two things I love, teaching and Crossfit into every afternoon. I have gotten to know some of my best friends, I would not change that chapter of my life for anything. Would I read it out loud, yeah, would I share with others what I learned absolutely! I found out a lot about myself somethings I liked and some I didn’t. But it’s a chapter in my life, one that if I didn’t have it wouldn’t make me who I am. It’s really bittersweet thing, I will miss teaching, but not coaching will open up new possibilities and free time for me.  

Its funny that this chapter ends as I celebrate three years in South Carolina. Three years, I can’t believe it, this is a chapter God is still writing…but the thing is I hate not knowing, what might happen next. I had my story all written when I was younger. I knew what I wanted and when I wanted it, but oh how things have been so different then the way I saw it. I wanted to get married at 22, have kids and be a teacher. I will be 35 in 4 months, single and working in a church. But I am glad, I am not the same person I was when I was younger. I am glad that I have been able to do the things I have, traveled, the places I’ve lived, the friends I’ve met and work where I work. I am excited to see how God adds to this chapter, the new things and trouble I can get into now that I’m not longer coaching.

I pray that I never have a chapter I can’t read out…I do pray that no matter what’s in each chapter I would learn from it and grow in my trust of the Lord, I challenge you the same…even when you don’t know what’s coming next.


No comments:

Post a Comment